Regional Donor Liaison Manager
Nairobi Office with Travel across East and Horn of Africa
Closing Date: 28th September 2016
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world.
FilmAid designs andenvironmental issues. FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change is based on the integration of access, creativity and participation, which drive individual and community change, contributing to positive social impact. Underpinning this approach is collaboration; working together is fundamental to achieving change. FilmAid partners with communities, creators, NGOs, Governments, and the private sector to ensure a collaborative approach to this end.
FilmAid’s work falls into the four integrated components: Media Content, Communication with Communities (CwC), Communication for Development (C4D) and Skills Development that combine to support program delivery. FilmAid produces multiple forms of creative media, which is subsequently distributed through a variety of outreach channels, ensuring that target communities are reached. This CwC/C4D includes targeted screening events and workshops, radio, SMS, as well as digital media platforms. In addition, FilmAid builds skills within the community to deliver the media and outreach components. This participatory approach drives individual change, as well as ensuring community engagement and ownership of all interventions.
To oversee the development of new programs; develop close working partnerships with key stakeholders, donors, and other international and Kenyan partners, develop guidelines and frameworks for partnering with strategic partners.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review existing programs and other related documents and propose a sustainability and development strategy for future programs.
• Develop & manage a partner resource index detailing partner contacts (Donors and IPs), players in each area of FilmAid’s program response, program support cycles, networks, affiliations and resources to anchor the program development strategy.
• Actively pursuing, developing and nurturing partnerships with relevant government offices, civil society, media and all key partners / industry players
• Scout new programs in Kenya and the region, identify strategic partners (Including donors) and lead proposal writing efforts for these programs
• Coordinate response to calls for new and regular proposals for new and existing programs; concept proposals and full proposals with accompanying project budgets and therefore ensuring that the are filed in time
• Contributing to FilmAid’s organizational strategic thinking and organizational growth strategy, working with Country Director, Program Director and HQ and other country programs
• Hire and manage partnerships and development staff
• Represent the Country Director in agency meetings and other meetings as need arises
• Develop close working partnerships with key stakeholders, donors, and other international and Kenyan partners.
• Under the guidance of FilmAid policy and partnerships agreements, develop Memorandum of Understanding guidelines and documents for working with partners through in-kind partnerships.
• Develop proposal and messaging around complex, wide-ranging, and far-reaching development issues, including health, education, protection, environmental, and other technical expertise subject matters.
• Build capacity of key field management teams in concept note development, proposal writing and donor relations skills for field based programmes on behalf of the regional office grants
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, International Relations and / or any other relevant social and behavioural science discipline. Master’s degree on the same discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years work experience on humanitarian or development sector managing communication and partnership.
- Previous experience in the same capacity.
- Track record of successful, collaborative proposal development, budgeting and soliciting major donors, corporates, individuals and other NGOs.
- Highly developed communication skills and excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to transfer skills and promote learning to key staff on relevant areas of partnership.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles, including HAP and CDAC standards and values as well as Sphere standards.
• Strategic planning skills
• Program Development skills
• Diplomacy skills
• Financial planning & management skills
• Relationship building and maintenance skills
• Leadership and management skills
• Problem solving & decision making skills
• Performance standard setting & monitoring skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Writing skills
• Use of different social media platforms
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: email@example.com by 28th September 2016. Please indicate the position title on the subject line of your application. Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.