What We Do
FilmAid uses film and other media to bring lifesaving information — along with hope and joy —to communities affected by disaster, displacement and economic disparity. Individual programs may vary from one region to another, but every FilmAid activity falls into one of three broad categories.
Through these activities, FilmAid makes a practical impact on critical issues, from health education to human rights, conflict resolution to economic empowerment. By offering communities that can often be marginalized a voice on the issues that affect them, these programs allow the possibility of self-advocacy and self-determination. These same programs are designed to alleviate psychological problems associated with trauma, isolation, idleness and despair, offering hope through the simple joy of the movies and the creative outlet of self-expression.
- Simon Goff named Executive Director of FilmAid International
- FilmAid Film Festival 2013 -- Call for Entries
- FilmAid launches DADAAB STORIES, a new multimedia project from the world's largest refugee camp
- /Film Podcast Raises $10,000 for FilmAid's Work in Dadaab Refugee Camp
- Global finalist for 2013 Intercultural Innovation Award
“If you have seen something funny you laugh and try to join the other person near you to your laughter and in this case you interact with a hard sworn enemy which in the process may be your friend through the interaction you have just made with him.”Kakuma Refugee