About FilmAid International
FilmAid was founded by independent filmmakers in 1999 in response to the refugee crisis during and after the Kosovo War. It is perhaps best known for its original program model: mobile screenings of beloved comedies and other entertainment to provide psychological relief and much-needed hope to refugee children, youth and others suffering the effects of trauma and displacement. Nearly two decades later, FilmAid is an innovative leader in humanitarian and crisis communications, using a community-based approach to create and distribute life-saving information to refugees in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Using film, radio and journalism created by refugees, FilmAid engages communities with dignity and respect, providing information about their rights, safety, health and well-being. Alongside public information campaigns, FilmAid trains young people in all aspects of storytelling and communications, empowering the next generation to advocate for their own rights and community needs. More information is available at filmaid.org
FilmAid International is seeking a Director of Development in its New York City Headquarters. The Director of Development will report directly to the Managing Director. FilmAid currently has roughly $2.7M in program activities in East Africa and the Middle East with the ambitious goal of expanding our response to the refugee crisis in both regions.
The Director of Development will plan and oversee the execution of all development efforts in support of FilmAid's strategic goals, including but not limited to the maintenance and growth of FilmAid's existing base of private support, and the expansion of foundation and corporate support. The Director will be responsible for planning and overseeing current domestic and international fundraising activities. Activities include annual events in the US and Europe, online and direct mail fundraising campaigns, corporate partnerships, donor visits, celebrity-driven campaigns, and grant solicitations. Director will be responsible for overseeing the development and production of all donor-related communications material, as well as external and internal reporting and database management.
Director must be a passionate and flexible manager, who is excited by the opportunity to grow the impact of a unique and innovative organization. Candidate must be ready to work in close collaboration with the Managing Director and with a lean, but highly motivated team consisting of a development associate and a group of specialized consultants.
- Further develop and execute FilmAid's annual fundraising plan including overseeing the planning and implementation of all fundraising events and campaigns.
- Supervise the development and execution of donor-related communications including direct mail, email newsletters, social media activity, and web and print publications.
- Expand existing financial support from individuals, foundations, governments, UN agencies and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and key funders.
- Develop and maintain FilmAid's Global Aritsts Council and Advisory Council.
- Manage FilmAid's Salesforce database and track donor engagement activities.
- Track monthly and quarterly revenue against goals stipulated in the development plan.
- Track all proposals, applications and reports for foundation, individual, corporate, government and UN agency funding.
- Develop and execute donor visits to FilmAid programs in East Africa and the Middle East.
- BA (required), MA (a plus).
- 5-plus years experience in development.
- Strategic thinker with proven management skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience working with diverse colleagues in multiple time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute donor-focused communications strategies and implement multi-platform fundraising campaigns.
- Experience in event production.
- Proven ability to solicit and close financial agreements with donors.
- Experience with soliciting and maintaining government, foundation and corporate partnerships.
- Experience managing celebrity relationships and private sector partnerships.
Please clearly state in your cover letter how your qualifications and experiences make you the ideal candidate for this position. Below are the key qualities of an ideal candidate.
- Background in international development and/or humanitarian affairs.
- Passion for and knowledge of the creative arts - film, photography, writing, visual art, digital media.
- Familiarity or experience with arts-related, or uniquely innovative, interventions in an international context.
- Extensive experience in soliciting and expanding foundation support, including grant writing and reporting.
- Extensive experience soliciting and managing relationships with corporate funders.
- Experience maintaining and growing a base of private support.
- Experience as a passionate, flexible, and solutions-based manager.
How to Apply
Email Applications to email@example.com
Subject Line: Application Director of Development - Your Name
FilmAid will not accept applications without a cover letter.
Annual Salary $85,000 + Benefits. No relocation costs will be provided.
Applications are due by COB Friday, September 2, 2016.
Start date on/about October 3, 2016.
Application deadline September 2, 2016